Pages

Sunday 17 January 2016

EN: Learn German through News for Children

http://www.tivi.de/fernsehen/logo/start/

On the one hand, I think that my children talk too little about the latest international news in their Swiss school. On the other, I believe that our whole family can do well from regularly listening to proper High German (Hochdeutsch). Now I can kill two birds with one stone, thanks to ZDF Logo-Kindernachrichten. This series consists of daily 10-minute news summaries, in a language adapted to children. All programs of the last seven days can be found here.

Interestingly, we can expect more material of this kind in the future. As we all know, recently a lot of refugees have arrived in Germany, many of them being children. German authorities see the language as one of the most important tools to integrate the new arrivals. I promise to follow this development and inform you about all new tools, programs and applications which I can find.

By the way: To kill two birds with one stone translates as zwei Fliegen mit einer Klappe zu schlagen into German.

- - -
Swedish version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love feedback!