Pages

Thursday 9 July 2015

EN: 'Black Light Theatre' for Children during Easter in Prague (Czech Republic)


Yet again our family celebrated Easter holidays in Prague (Czech Republic), albeit with considerably less sun than last year. Appreciated elements from previous trips here were of course repeated. These include jogging tours in the park of Petřín (for me) and bowling (for us all) together with my cousin and his family at the restaurant Anděl. Although we were only in town for three days, we did have the chance to experience some new things.

This trip’s longest walk started up at the former Spartakiad Stadium on Strahov (today in a sad state). We enjoyed the view over Prague from the top lookout tower Petřínská Rozhledna (never before have I seen so many visitors there – quite literally it was shaking under the strain) before we continued down through the park, where many of the trees just had begun blooming.

For the first time in Prague, we took our children to a cultural event, namely “Wow”; “Black Light Theatre” – typical for the Czech Republic. "What a show! Snow and rain, spiders and balls!", our eleven-year-old enthusiastically exclaimed afterwards. His nine-year-old little brother was not as exalted, but said: "Almost everything was boring. Though, in any case I did not fall asleep. When we last time were at the theatre with the school, half of my class did. "

The Czech Republic is my “second country of origin”, after Sweden, so my big challenge will be to find activities in German there. How else could I entice my family to go there as often as I want? Or should I perhaps simply travel there alone, to be able to indulge in a complete immersion in the Czech language...













Our restaurant visits in the centre of Prague were the following:

Velryba - an old favorite - has retained its character after the renovation, but the traditional Czech dishes like deepfried cheese with french fries or lentil stew with a boiled egg have unfortunately disappeared from the menu.

About the pizzeria Grosseto I had heard that it was a tourist trap, but we were pleased with the food and even more so with the very friendly staff.

At Kozlovna Apropos, however, we were unfortunately greatly disappointed this time. Probably the restauranthas become so popular thanks to its location, that the waiters no longer feel the need to care about their customers.

- - -
During earlier family trips by car to the Czech Republic, we have not only been to Prague but also in Brno, Znojmo, Telč, České Budějovice, Český Krumlov, Písek, Tábor and the castle of Hluboká.

- - -
Svensk version

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dear,

    I Like Your Blog Very Much. I see Daily Your Blog, is A Very Useful For me.

    You can also Find Aquarium kaufen Schweiz Aquarium kaufen ab Lager in der Schweiz. Aquaristik Zubehör Artikel und Möbel im Online Shop bestellen. Marken Aquarium kaufen Eheim Juwel Dennerle Fluval


    Visit Now:- https://mypet.ch/aquaristik/aquarium-kaufen/-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love feedback!