Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

EN: The Clogging Group "Crock 14" at the Country Festival of Klewenalp


On one of the hottest days of July my wife and I went to Klewenalp to hike. Considering the temperatures it would have been more correct to stay in Zurich and go swimming in the lake, but we wanted to see the dance group Crock 14

Our hike was in reality quite short but that did not matter since this is hardly the most spectacular mountain area around here (as I have already written about Klewenalp in the winter). And still we duly received a hefty dose of alpine meadows with both characteristic cows and a rich flora.


After coming back to the lift station, we made a long stop at the annual festival Country Alpen Open-Air Klewenalp. This time, my relatives and their Crock 14 formed part of the program. The dance group comes from the Czech Republic but has specialized in American clogging, traditional as well as modern versions.

As always, I got absolutely carried away with the energy and joy of their show and felt very proud hearing the Swiss spectators cheering and clapping their hands. I have never chosen for country dance to be a part of my life, but thanks to a Czech cousin it has undeniably gained a certain position in my heart.

- - -
Here are a few more videos of Crock 14's show in Klewenalp: 1, 2, 3.






- - -
Deutsche Version
Svensk version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love feedback!