Pages

Monday 30 September 2013

EN: Taking the Tone Trail towards integration in Switzerland


Weekend hikes in the Alps are – at least according to all guidebooks -, something of a Swiss national pastime. So already before we moved, my wife and I both looker forward to this, not to integrate into society but, primarily, to discover new things and do something active with our children.

Had I planned our first hike, we would have brought the children to the first mountain around and then asked them to not complain, but bite the bullet and continue forward.

My wife has a softer personality and thanks to the web-page Moms : Tots : Zürich she found the Tone Trail (derKlangweg) in Toggenburg (canton Sankt Gallen); a mountain walk lined experimental musical instruments and sound experiences.

Now, in retrospect, I admit that this choice of hike was perfect: For our seven-year-old - who likes the idea of being “Swiss” as long as that means chocolate and not hiking -, beautiful mountain views simply are not enough. He needs distraction to keep on walking.






- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love feedback!