Pages

Saturday 28 September 2013

EN: No Wonder Spaniards are Seeking Jobs in Switzerland


Now I have registered at the employment office, RAV, here in Zürich (Yes! After almost two months here, I still have not found a job. OK?)

The waiting time from when I arrived as a drop-in visitor until I was received was less than five minutes... Perfectly normal - in Switzerland you almost never have to queue!

But that the office was so empty of people... When I arrived, two of the many computers being offered for job seekers were being used. When I left, none of them were.

In Vilanova i la Geltrú, outside Barcelona, ​​where we used to live before, until quite recently the unemployment office used to be located in the town centre and I remember how the queue often continued out into the square, plaça de la Vila. Nowadays, this office has moved to the outskirts, which at least means that tourists do not have to see this part of reality.

No wonder so many Spaniards are looking for a job in Switzerland!

- - - 
Deutsche Version
Svensk version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love feedback!